To my pleasant surprise, being a mug and plant nut can be expressed via all different avenues, even when I’m not even trying.
After this post, I must have been all too inspired as I created gifts for a friend’s shower, and another friend’s son’s wedding (not pictured – used same four variety of flowers).
Thought you might enjoy!
Mugs are from Anthropologie.com. Plants from local Walmart.
We had a lovely visit and I cherish our friendship.
“The death of a friend is equivalent to the loss of a limb.”
– German Proverb
I’ve not mentioned much about my progress on the goals I listed because… well, there really hasn’t been much to mention. This weekend I should be able to get a great portion of my organization project done. What a weight will be lifted once this is accomplished! I got a jump start on it tonight. Here are some pics, and of course I managed to sneak in some pics of my seedlings (day 26 – almost a month old, eek!).
Seedlings, pineapple and aloe plant.
I had used the top of the hope chest for my seedlings as of last week, and here’s a peak at how they’re coming along. Getting big!!
What kind of esthetician would I be without the above plant?!?
I’m so loving this grow-your-own-food thing!
I think next year I’ll add cucumbers and tomatoes to my deck garden. Apparently, they’re easier plants and what most people start growing. Not melons. Oops! I also have some squash seeds that I hope to start in my greenhouse soon, so I may have them for Fall.
Do you have any recommendations on what to add to my garden?
I did what might be the unthinkable to some people; I used a fancy schmancy tea cup as a planter.
Upon my great-grandmother’s death, most girls in my family were given a flowered tea cup from her collection. I was given the lily of the valley tea cup, and after several years and a few moves, the delicate handle had broken off the cup. I’ve never been quite sure how to use it ever since. It’s mainly been on display either in my bathroom or on my desk, collecting all sorts of odds and ends. That is until this past Friday night, when I turned it into something just as lovely as it’s intended purpose; it became a planter!
I’m very pleased, just in case you didn’t pick that up, and love the new addition to the couple of plants already occupying a portion of my desk.
Hope this inspires you to use special or every day items in a new way.
(these pictures were taken late that night. sorry for the poor lighting.)
Someone’s been a little M.I.A. recently … my apologies!
As if two jobs and a busy school schedule weren’t enough, add in difficulty in getting quality sleep and a dash of severe pain, and you’ve got the recipe I’ve been dealing with.
On the brighter side of things – I’m loving school!
I’m also my very own guinea pig, haha. That’s sort of going well… I’m currently trying 5-HTP for my sleep issues, via Maria Emmerich’s two health books (her blog).
Other good news:
– In speaking with my boss (the accountant), I found I can write off my tuition if it’s relevant to my current licensure, so… I’ll be a holistic esthetician by the end of 2012. Gotta love direction!
– More direction: I’m hoping to host a few gatherings with the youth group girls from my church to discuss skin health, make-up colors, eyebrow shaping, and our inner beauty through Christ. I have a feeling this will be one of the most rewarding ventures of my life.
– Also, my organization project is going very well. Slow, but well. This is such a huge relief. My goal is to be caught up by the end of 2012.
– Season 2 of Downton Abbey had such a lovely ending last night. Roomie Wright and I were both “aww”-ing (and probably cheering) by the end. I also enter this sweepstakes almost daily to visit the castles.
– Lastly, I’m planning a semi-regular gathering with some sweet girl friends to watch Dickens’ “Little Dorrit” mini-series and to craft (maybe attempt low carb baking, too).
Even with some needed down time, I’m so pleased with how the last two months have gone.
Now it’s time to break out my reading glasses and get back into studying, but I’m sincerely so happy to be back up and posting.
Hope you all are well!